picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 24 May 2012

The Beauty of Nature

The beauty of nature constantly reminds me of God. God who created everything in six days and rested on the seventh day. Whether you consider the beauty of the mountains, large oceans, waterfalls, or the stillness of white fluffy clouds floating across the blue sky, it is all breathtaking in beauty. Psalm 19:1 says - The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. I am one that enjoys nature - watching animals, birds, winged creatures, or the flowing of a river.  I find it all quite intriguing. Growing up on my parent's farm I could sit  by the chick incubator for hours and watch the baby chicks wiggle their way out of the eggs. Or to see a baby calf try to stand up on his wobbly legs for the first time. Or to watch kittens fight and play. God has made it all so interesting and it all fits together exactly.
We live out in the country here with our two dogs and a cat. A small river runs by our property and there is bush. My husband has made a trail through the bush so that we can walk or ride through it to see the river and just enjoy the quietness of being in a bush. Together with our dogs, I often go walking on the trail and make my way around through the bush and see the river. It gives me a chance to become quiet and reflective before the Lord and commune with Him with very few distractions.  It's not always equally  easy or peaceful as right now there are some little green worms that have spun a web and they dangle down from the smaller tree branches. I try hard to avoid them.  Sometimes the mosquitoes get bad and there are woodticks as well. One day recently as I was walking and singing praise to the Lord, I noticed how the birds in the trees were also singing their praises to God as well. It almost seemed like we were in a band together praising God. Sometimes there are geese or ducks on the river or flying gracefully overhead above the trees. One day as we were riding the trail together we saw a black bear down by the river bank but thankfully it hasn't been back though it was beautiful to see. 
One thing that I have specifically noticed and delights my heart is the detail of it all. If I pick a wild flower perhaps even from a weed such as a thistle or a pink wild rose flower, God has made even the wild flowers with perfection. Even if no person will ever see it, there it is, every petal formed perfectly. It seems as if God has made it for His own delight. Now compare all that with how He loves and cares for us His children. He has created us each one special in his or her own way, and He has a plan and purpose for each of our lives. Not only that but Jesus died in our place so that we can be saved and someday share in the beauty of Heaven. I often think that if God has placed so much care and detail  and beauty into creating things in this world that will pass away -think of  How Beautiful Heaven must be!

Isaiah 61:11 For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the garden causeth the things that are sown in it to spring forth; so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations.
Psalm 146:2 2 While I live will I praise the Lord: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.I found this Wild Rose so I snapped a picture! So pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment