picture

searchwarp.com

Friday 30 March 2012

God is so good!

As I study my Bible, I find treasures over and over again. It is really amazing to soak in God's word into our heart and discover what it says.   Take Psalm 34: 6,7 "This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him, and delivereth them." 
Wow! Imagine this for a moment:  God the LORD who created the world - the mountains, oceans , sun, moon, planets, stars and every person and animal and keeps everything in place - He hears me when I cry out to Him - gives me His attention and saves me out of all my troubles.  I believe God is waiting for that cry from me just as I as a mom wait for an email from my son. And He is willing and able to meet our needs. Then looking at verse 7,  I read that "the angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear Him."  That means I am not alone in my situation. The LORD has His angel standing guard for me. The angel is all around me, protecting me from any darts that satan and his helpers would try to throw at me.  And then the final words of verse 7 "and delivereth them".  With the LORD as our protector and help - we win!
It reminds me of the story of Elisha in 2Kings 6 where  Elisha and his servant were encircled by  the horses and chariots of the those trying to trap them, the servant is afraid and so Elisha says to his servant " Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them". Then Elisha prays for God to open his servants eyes that he can actually see what God's protection of them looks like. And it says in 2 Kings verse 17 " And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and behold the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha". Can you imagine chariots of fire as protection? God is truly amazing! He is definitely the One in whom I choose to put my trust! Can you trust Him with your life and your situation too?

No comments:

Post a Comment