picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 19 February 2015

A Letter to Cancer by Jeremy Bradley - ( Southeast Journal )

This is an article in our local newspaper "The Southeast Journal". The article is written by Jeremy Bradley. It is a letter written to "cancer", this is a must read for anyone who has lost a loved one to cancer. You can link to the newspaper here - Southeast Journal




I took this picture of the article




Jeremy Bradley writes the following in the article in the Southeast Journal:

To the Point” By Jeremy Bradley World Cancer Day was earlier this week. Here’s my open letter:


Dear cancer, There are a lot of things in life that I don’t like. Rarely would I say I hate them but I truly do hate you. You have physically hurt and devastated so many people’s lives. People who I love dearly and who will never get back what they lost from your disastrous grip. It’s like a chokehold you instil in people’s lives forever. For that, I will never forgive you. You are a murderer. You’re an elusive homicidal maniac that no one can catch. If you were a person you’d be locked up forever. The worst part is everybody knows you but very few have the power to stop you. You are so wellknown that every single person in the world will somehow be connected to you. Whether you will directly affect us or someone we care about, we all have to deal with you sooner or later. Y o u d e s t r o y everything you touch. I’m not a violent person but I wish I could destroy you. People cringe at the thought of you. People get sick because of you. You are singlehandedly responsible for the deaths of my grandfather, my aunt, my uncle, my friends and what’s your response? You just move on to your next victim. Is there ever an apology? Is there ever any remorse? What do we get from you besides heartache and pain? Are you there to comfort us? Do you see us crying at the gravesite of our loved ones? Or are you too busy plotting, scheming and surveying the crowd to see who you’re going to attack next? I’ve written many things in my day but never has this letter meant so much. I am confident in saying that I hate you and I hope to never have to battle you myself. Because if I do, watch out. I’m a fighter. Hatefully yours, JB That’s my point. What’s yours? Tell me at www.speakfreewithjb. com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment