- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder OR instant coffee granules
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Butter a 9 X 13 baking dish, line it with parchment paper, and butter the parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped chocolate, remove the pan from the heat, and stir frequently, until melted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until frothy. Add the vanilla and espresso powder.
- Pour in the chocolate a little at a time. This will help to temper the eggs.
- When the chocolate is completely incorporated, dump in the flour mixture. Mix completely.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes; a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting.