picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 10 May 2012

Me and the children God gave us.....

As I have shared in earlier posts, I consider myself blessed to be a mother. As I grew to adulthood, the desire in my heart to be a mother grew stronger. I believe it is God who gave me that desire in my heart in order to prepare me for the work He had in store for me to do. God put the desire in my heart to love, nourish, cherish and cuddle our little babies and it is only in His strength that I seek to be the mom that God wants me to be - to raise my children for Him and for his kingdom work.
  Phillipians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
My experiences as a mother began with becoming pregnant and giving birth to our twin baby
 boys. That made for a very busy and a super fun time as they began to develop their own identities. Son #1  (referred to as twin A in the hospital) has brown hair and brown eyes like his father, while son #2 ( referred to as twin B in the hospital) has blonde hair and blue eyes similiar to me his mom. God made them twins, but not identical. They are both smart, both have the gift of leadership but God has lead them in differing paths son #1 into studying business management and son #2 into studying for Christian ministry. Next God gave us our baby Darcy who passed away within my womb. To have my baby die was hard for me and I confess that I do not understand why such hardships come but I do trust that my baby is safe with Jesus in heaven and someday we will all be together there. I hope to hear Darcy call me "mom" even just one time there in the sweet by and by where we shall meet on that beautiful shore. After this the Lord again blessed us with another baby boy, blonde with big blue eyes, but smart and mechanically minded like his dad. Son #3 is still in school but helps his dad in the business. Then God had plans for another baby for us, this time a baby girl, brown hair, brown eyes like her daddy. This baby is special in her own way as she was born with down snydrome and cannot do many things other little girls can. The doctor who delivered her, also a man of faith, said God had a special little girl He needed to give to someone and He picked me to be her mom. I consider it an honor and precious responsibility to be blessed with each one of these our children. We have dedicated each one to the Lord and I firmly believe that God has begun a good work in each of them and He will perfect it until the day we all meet Jesus in death or at His glorious return.
Phillipians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

No comments:

Post a Comment