picture

searchwarp.com

Thursday 13 August 2015

Abba Father - Our Heavenly Father

Today I would like to share some thoughts with you about our loving Heavenly Father - our Abba Father.  Our earthly fathers are not perfect and they fail us sometimes, but our Heavenly Father is our perfect Father and He longs for us to be in relationship with Him.
 My Dad passed away in July 2004 - so that is 11 years ago already. I do miss him still. He was a kind, generous and gentle man and so fond of his grandchildren. He loved the Lord and served Him right to the end.  Several years after his passing, a time of intense storm and sorrow entered my life and I found myself wishing that my Dad was still here, because I knew that if I told him my problem, he would be able to give me insight and direction regarding my situation. As I pondered my need of my Dad, the Lord spoke into my heart and said "I am your Father - you can tell me". That was such a blessing from the Lord, such an encouragement for me, to know that I have a Father in Heaven ( the Creator of the universe ) cares about me and wants me to bring my problems to Him. I would like to encourage everyone here to bring your problems to the Lord. Seek Him and study the Bible to find direction in your life and for the answers to your problems. Tell the Lord everything, hold nothing back. He sees you and He knows you and loves you completely.

In Mark 14 we read how Jesus struggled in prayer before his arrest in the Garden of  Gethsemane. In verse 36 we read -  "And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt."

 The term "Abba" means Daddy -  it shows endearment and also the sense of belonging. Jesus is the Son of God. Those of us who are saved through faith in the Lord Jesus and His finished work on the cross belong in the family of God, and God is our Father, our "Daddy". I remember hearing a speaker say that while he was in Israel on a bus, he heard a young boy refer to his dad as Abba. This is a good picture for us to remember. We are on the this journey of life, but we are not alone - our Abba Father is with us, and we can call on Him anytime day or night. He is always near, and He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. 

Hebrews 13:5-6 - for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


Application


He is the Father who cares for us - 
He comforts us. Our cares are His cares. When something bothers or troubles us, we can tell our Heavenly Father. He is always available, listening for us to come to Him and He responds to our questions.
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 

He is the Father who Provides for us - 
He provides for us. He is our Father. We can depend on Him to supply every need in our life. He sees our needs and provides for us. We do not need to be afraid.


He is the Father who protects-
 His watchful eye is upon us to guard me against the evil intentions of those who would hurt me. His watching eyes see what is happening.
Proverbs 5: 21  For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and he pondereth all his goings.


He is the Father who loves us- 
The love of our Heavenly Father is a love that allows circumstances into our lives that are going to build our character and give us the opportunity to become more like Jesus. This kind of love is not always pleasant and includes the love of discipline. 


He is the Father who knows best - 
My Father loves us and will not give us unhealthy or useless things when we beg for them - simply because Father knows best. He has a goal in mind for me and we need to choose to line up our desires and wishes with that which He decides is best for us.  He wants only what is best for us. When He says "Don't do that" - it is for our own good and to keep us from getting hurt.

He is the Father who disciplines us - 
He disciplines us even though it is not pleasant at the time. He disciplines us for our good.  He will also discipline those who seek to harm His children.


Romans 8:14-15
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment