picture

searchwarp.com

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Why I read the King James Bible....


Photo - kingjamesbibleonline.org



Today I would like to share with you why I read the King James Bible. I realize that many of you
who read my blog use a variety of translations, but I do feel lead of the Lord to share this here. I am not saying that you should not read any other translation than the King James, I am only sharing my experience and would encourage you to seek the Lord's will for your life.

As I was growing up, I read the King James Bible. I remember exactly when and how I decided to begin reading the Bible. I was and still am very close to my sister Mary, and as the Lord began working in her life she began to read her Bible every evening. I was so close to her and so when she read her Bible I had no idea what to do with my time. So I followed her lead and also began to read my Bible, I have read it daily ever since and the Lord has ministered to me and spoken to me through His Word. As we got older, my parents introduced us to the NIV Bible as well. My Dad was a preacher of the gospel in the church we attended and he studied the Bible a lot. He purchased a variety of the translations that were available in those days years ago for studying purposes and so it was. When he didn't fully understand something, he would go to his old German Bible for clarity.

Now I want to tell you the reason why I read the King James Bible and why I have decided to stick with it.  Now in order for you to understand you need to know that I always have had the utmost respect for my Dad. I have always believed what he said was true, he was a man of great wisdom and honor, a true man of God. My Dad has passed away in 2004. About 3 or so  years ago I had a dream in the night. In my dream my Dad told me that I was rebellious. This startled me very much and when I woke up I could not get it out of my mind. I knew I needed to seek the Lord and find out what area in my life was causing me to be rebellious in the sight of the Lord. I believe the Lord showed me that I was rebellious in my reading other translations of the Bible while knowing in my heart that these translations had unnecessary changes in them. At the time I was mostly reading the NASB.  As soon I understood this I immediately went online and ordered a King James Bible from ebay. I can tell you that I have peace about this. I feel that the Lord put my Dad in my dream to tell me that I was rebellious because the Lord knew I would listen to my Dad. I believe that the more translations that are coming out, more and more of them have been changed by those who do not know the true word of God.
Since then, a few things have happened. As I said my Dad passed away in 2004. In the years since then so many Bible translations have come out that you probably cannot  keep up with it. There is a Bible called the queen James Bible that is for homosexuals, created so as to not offend homosexuals while the Bible clearly states that those who live in homosexuality are not believers. If there are any homosexuals reading this or if you support homosexuality in any way, you need to repent before the Lord and be saved.  And there is a bible that is supposedly not offensive to Muslims. The Muslim's god is allah and this is in no way the same God who created the world. Allah is of the devil and is against Jesus Christ and against the true God of the Bible. We must not change the Bible, we must let the Bible speak to us and it will show us where we need to be corrected and it will convict us of our sin. This is for our good and our salvation.  I have also learned that the writers of these new translations must change a good percentage of the words in the Bible in order to get copyrights. This is not acceptable.
Some people claim they cannot understand the old language that the King James Bible uses. I believe this is used as an excuse, the more you read it the better you will understand it. The Holy Spirit will help you to understand. In my opinion the NLT reads like a Bible Story book for children and can be used as a Bible story book. I also believe that God is able to use most any translation to get your attention and draw you to Himself. But we need to be willing to obey Him as He grows us in His time. I believe He uses nature to speak to us as well and to draw us unto Himself.

I want to show you 2 examples from the New Testament of the changes that other translations make.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ( King James )

God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. ( NIVR )

For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. ( NLT )

Note : It is important to know that Jesus is God`s only begotten Son.



Luke 4:18 - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, ( King James Bible )


“The Spirit of the Lord is on me.
    He has anointed me
    to announce the good news to poor people.
He has sent me to announce freedom for prisoners.
    He has sent me so that the blind will see again.
He wants me to set free those who are treated badly. (NIVR)



“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
    for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released,
    that the blind will see,
that the oppressed will be set free, ( NLT )


Note : Notice that the part that Jesus heals the broken hearted is missing from the newer translations.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sister Northern Sparrow, I enjoyed reading how you have come to respect and trust the King James Bible. When I was 17 years old and unsaved, a man who worked with my father and was a believer, gave my mother and I each a beautiful Zondervan King James Bible. It is rich in cross references and some paragraphs are color coded showing that they are specific to some themes such as "Temporal Blessings" or "The Holy Spirit" and other themes. For many years I did not know the Lord, but I kept my beautiful Bible with me as I jouneyed through life. Oh what a divine treasure it became when the Lord poured out His love upon me and I became His, finally understanding His plan and the truth that we are to read His Word with the understanding given to us by His Holy Spirit and that it is to guide us daily through our journey in this world. Blessings to You, Mrs. CJB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs CJB, Thank you so very much for sharing your testimony. I completely agree with your statement "we are to read His Word with the understanding given to us by His Holy Spirit and that it is to guide us daily through our journey in this world." You said that so well. Thank you, and God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete