picture

searchwarp.com

Wednesday 11 July 2012

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free

Colossians 3:23-24 -   And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

For those who read my blog, you will know that my husband is on a gluten free diet due to Celiac disease. You will find the post in my archives entitled "Burdens to bear...allergies"  in archives in the month of May. I always keep cookies in the freezer for him, so since his cookie jar is mostly empty now, I am baking cookies for him today. I thought I would post the recipe that I used today, and a picture so you can get an idea of what the cookies are like. I buy regular white rice and grind it to flour in my electric flour mill so that is the type of flour that I used in the cookies today.



                    
 Here is a picture of my  gluten free cookies I baked today.


Here is the recipe I used today:

Chocolate Chip Cookies ( make sure all your ingredients are gluten free)

Beat together in large mixing bowl:
1 and 1/2 cups vegetable oil ( I use canola oil )
1 and 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup white granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Now add:
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 and 1/2 cups gluten free oatmeal ( make sure the oatmeal is gluten free as not all oatmeal is safe )
2 cups chocolate chips
Stir together well.

Now add approximately 3 cups rice flour ( ground from white rice ) and stir well.  The cookie batter should be very stiff.  (If you are planning on using other types of rice flour, adjust the amount of flour required to make a stiff cookie batter).
Set the cookie batter in a cool place to rest ( not in the fridge) for 3 hours.

Preheat oven to 325 F. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon ful onto greased baking sheet.  Flatten a little bit with hand. Bake the cookies for 7 minutes or till golden brown. Remove from pan, cool and enjoy!

Store the cookies in an airtight container such as a plastic or rubbermaid tub in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment