picture

searchwarp.com

Tuesday 2 October 2012

It's Thanksgiving in Canada!

Leviticus 22: 29 And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the Lord, offer it at your own will.
Psalm 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

It is Thanksgiving time in Canada. Thanksgiving Day is on Monday October 8. It is good to gather together with family and friends to celebrate and remember the wonderful acts of God in our lives. How blessed we are  to share good food together and be happy in the Lord. This past weekend I cooked a simple Thanksgiving supper for my family. My husband and I enjoyed a simple meal - our daughter and all three of our boys were home. We had  baked chicken breast, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and corn from our garden, a fruit salad and homemade apple pie.

 
 This coming weekend we plan to share a Thanksgiving meal with my husband's parents and family and also with my Mother and my side of the family.
God is good and worthy of all our praise. He is the Giver of all the good things we have and enjoy. He made family and blessed us with each other. He is the One who gives us health and strength, and He is our joy. In Him we have the assurance and hope of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
I want to post things that I am thankful for and in sharing these things I give all the thanks and glory and honor to my Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ. As more things come to my mind in the next couple of days, I will continue to add them to my list here:

I am Thankful to the Lord for:
* - my husband and each one of my children
* - our home, a warm bed to sleep in at night and food on the table
* - our garden and crops, and the garden tractors we sold
* - the health that we have though there are many challenges
* - my Bible and how God speaks to me
* - our school and the teachers that help my children
* - that our twin sons are both able to go to Bible based colleges
* - my mother-in-law survived her stroke and mostly recovered from it
* - my sister turned 60 years old and we could celebrate her day with a surprise party
* - our local grocery store and the nice people who run it
* - my husband could pump fill our water pond with water before the river got too dry
* - my son recovered from his concussion with the help of a professional chiropractor
* - my friend Percy
* - the snow that is falling here today ( Oct 4)
* - looks like the drought may be ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment